The role of Youth Program Intern involves direct service work with both parents and children living in shelter and transitional housing as a result of domestic violence. Prospective interns should be comfortable working with children from birth to 18 with or without parents present.
Work closely with the Children’s Services team to track and report results of youth services grant outcomes.
Facilitate children’s activities including educational groups, special events, childcare and field trips.
Complete administrative tasks, including data-entry, recording services, enrolling youth in programing, etc.
Facilitate mediation of conflict situations between children.
Report pertinent information regarding children’s daily progress, behaviors, and other concerns to appropriate staff.
Maintain attendance records and document activities in accordance with The Julian Center’s policies/procedures and HIPAA regulations.
Promote and improve parent/child interaction through observation and reporting of the child’s psychological, sociological and intellectual abilities.
Complete other tasks as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently and with a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay calm and use appropriate judgment in responding to crisis and security situations.
- Critical thinking and evaluation skills.
- Positive attitude with residents, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail in record keeping, coordination and documentation.
- Awareness and adherence to confidentiality and boundaries.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to problem solve and make appropriate decisions in urgent situations.
Commitment to non-violent and cooperative working environment.
Commitment to providing quality and equitable services to all clients regardless of race, gender, religion, age or sexual orientation.
Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Commitment to the mission of The Julian Center.
Prior experience with childcare, youth work and/or education in a related field preferred.
Experience with Trauma Informed Care
Experience and/or education with infant and toddler mental health issues
Experience with child development
Send resume to email@example.com or mail to:
The Julian Center
Attn: Human Resources
2011 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202